Sunday, March 30, 2014

3-29-14

11:00am


It's the weekend so that means time to make
a menu and grocery list for this coming week
and the next week after that.
So a 2 week menu.
I think this week's groceries will come from Meijer
since they will be having their $1.00 sale.
Buy 10 sale items for $1.00 each get the 11th free.
I have figured $62.50 for groceries for the next two weeks.
Or $31.25 for groceries each week.
Plus the cost of any extra milk, pop, bread etc during those weeks.


BREAKFASTS

Waffles
Sausage & egg sandwiches
Pop tarts
Cereal
Juice

WEEKEND LUNCHES

Chicken patty sandwiches with mac n cheese
hot dogs with french fries

SUPPERS

1.  Beef stew
2.  Chicken pot pies
3.  Stir fry
4.  Chili dog casserole
5.  Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes & gravy, green beans
6.  Chili
7.  Entree? with baked beans & pasta
8.  Scalloped potatoes with smoked sausage
9.  Pork chops with apple stuffing 
10.  Homemade pizzas
11.  Chicken parmesan spaghetti
12.  Tuna & noodles, peas, bread & butter
13.  BBQ chicken legs, mac & cheese, corn
14.  Chili dog casserole


SNACKS

Pizza rolls
Chex mix
Carrots with ranch dip
Caramel brownies
Cheez Its
Jello
Pudding


3:20pm


Went out and about and it's pretty rainy out!
I'm used to having my truck underneath the carport
and now it's sitting in the driveway because
hubby's been working on the TA under the carport.
My little leak in my windshield seal has gotten worse
so I found out today after getting in the truck
and sitting in a wet spot, ahhh.
It's pretty much leaking all across the top of the windshield.
Now upon returning home I have put a tarp across
the top of the truck and windshield.
Looks so lovely but I won't be walking into
any stores later on looking like I peed myself
because of a wet seat!
Sometime during warmer weather
I'll pull of the windshield trim and caulk it.


6:15pm


Sitting here watching the news and the follow ups
about the mumps cases at OSU
which seems to be spreading.
I worry about it because hubby's apartment complex
houses a lot of OSU students.
Hubby tells me that there's a possible
2 cases in the complex from OSU students.
We've all had our mumps shots.
Hubby can't remember if he had mumps
when he was little or not.
Very rarely if you've had mumps do you get them again.
The kids have had the second MMR booster
when entering 8th grade.
They say if you've only had one dose that
you should get the booster dose.
Always something to worry about
especially if you don't have a very good immune
system like myself with Crohns.

No comments:

Post a Comment