Friday, December 6, 2013

12-6-13

5:30am


Columbus City Schools CLOSED!
I just saw that they are predicting 6"+ of snow
for our area of Columbus.

Of course hubby has the on call emergency pager til Monday.
We've been up and down all night checking
the weather conditions.  Hubby got up an hour or so
earlier than normal.  Since the kids don't have school
he'll now be able to take the 4x4 Suburban to work.
I feel better anyways when he drives my truck
when road conditions are going to be bad.
Thank goodness we got the brake lights working
just for situations like this.
I'm sure hubby will be spending most of his
day salting and plowing the roads at work.
They filled up the salt hopper and oiled/greased
up the plows yesterday to prepare for this.
Whelp, I gotta go help hubby get all his
tools out of his car and load them into the truck.


6:15am


Hubby left for work.
Got the truck loaded up and had to warm up
his car and move it out from behind the truck.
Lots of ice on the windows of the car.
I have cans and bottles of de-icer that works
great to get into locks, doors and ice off windows
much faster than scrapers and defrosters.

During the Winter months you should always have
an emergency bag in your vehicle.
For hubby there is a blanket in the truck
(the kids use it in the mornings.  It's a thick lap blanket, the
brown kind you usually see with animals on them like
deer, lions/tigers, etc),
a bag of extra clothes, flashlight, 
bottles of water to drink & food like granola bars or candy.


6:33am


The township is up and adam already salting the roads.

Isn't it funny how quickly kids can get up
when they find out there is no school!?
They don't get up this fast on a regular school day.
My kids have been up since 5 - 5:30am!
They normally get up 6 - 6:30am on school days.
Hmmm, maybe they'll want a nap or early bed time tonight,
lol, wishful thinking.

Maybe today I'll work on getting my cake pops covered
in chocolate and maybe doing up some
large chocolate covered marshmallows.

Not sure what is up with the emergency vehicles around here.
Last night a neighbor caddy corner behind us
had a cop at their home for the longest time with
flashing lights.  Then when I went to bed and took
one last peek out the window I noticed another
cop at a neighbor's house caddy corner in the front of us.
And lastly this morning there was an ambulance
with flashing lights about 2-3 houses down from us.


9:15am


Here's a few things I have been working on
this morning-

White chocolate dipped large marshmallows
with a starlight mint on top.
These will be paired up with hot chocolate packets.

Butter pecan cake pops dipped in white chocolate
with sprinkles on top.
Might experiment with rolling some
in crushed up granola.


To make the chocolate dry quicker I put
the marshmallows and cake pops in the freezer first
before dipping into chocolate.


9:48am


Now they are saying we could see 8-10 inches of snow
with possibly an inch of snow each hour after lunch time.

I'm ready to lay down and chill for a little bit because
I'm feeling really tired.
I was up at 3:00am running to the potty then
got up around 5am.


2:05pm


This week is Crohn's Awareness week.
If you are on my Facebook page you will have seen
where I have been posting about 
symptoms and complications of Crohn's.
Too often I get asked what is Crohn's and
I don't know where to begin to explain everything
about it within about 5 minutes of someone's attention span.
99% of people don't understand what it is.
For example my in-laws know I have it but I don't
think they know what it involves or what it is exactly.
My mother-in-law says she thinks she may have it
because she has a stomach pain.
You'd know if you had something as serious as this!
She knew I still did not feel well Thanksgiving and was
quick to try and offer me some antacids thinking
that would make me feel better.
While I was grateful she offered and thought about
me not feeling well, she just doesn't understand it!

I was doing some research about how long
it takes to digest your food.
I got the answer of 1-4 days.
That's how long it takes to go from your stomach
to going to the bathroom for one time of eating something.
With Crohn's or people with dehyrdation
I have been finding that it takes my food
as little as 6 hours to go through me!!
This is why those with Crohn's can become
malnourished.  The food doesn't stay very long in
your body to even allow the vitamins or what not
to be absorbed.  Plus when you have diseased
intestines or colon with sores that also
doesn't help.  My food that I eat doesn't always
break down going through digestion either.
Just the other day I had take a fish oil capsule
and about 6 hours or less later I had pooped
it out whole!  Sounds gross but when you have
Crohn's you have to monitor your bodily functions.

People in my house now know when I say
I have to go poop they better hurry up in the bathroom
right now because I can't wait!


4:40pm


Snow is covering the streets.
Hubby just left work at 4:30pm so we'll see how 
long it takes him to get home.
It normally takes him 30 minutes.


5:05pm


Traffic was pretty slow hubby said and roads
were slick but he still managed to get home on time.
Providing the pager doesn't go off
we have to go back to his work at 7:00pm
to plow and salt.










No comments:

Post a Comment