Tuesday, December 24, 2013

12-24-13

4:00am


I am up why?!
My body is aching.  My shoulders 
started to hurt a couple days ago 
and I woke up coughing due to acid reflux.
I got up and jumped on Facebook.  
Wouldn't ya know it I have groups
on their associated with Crohn's Disease
and the topic of the morning is about C. Diff.
what the hospital diagnosed me with having.
They posted a link about what it is if
anyone wants to read about it...



5:30am

Yup, still up.  This ought to make
for an interesting day.  With my sickness and all
I haven't been doing very good with my baking
other than pumpkin bread.  Everything else
has been a flop.  I get started baking then in the
middle of it all I want to go lay down and rest.
My mind and body is just not in a baking mood.
I still want to get some baked goods out to
neighbors and friends so took a cheater approach
to getting some baked things made.
Remember me telling y'all I picked up a bunch
of packages of peanut butter cookies
at Big Lots for .10 cents a pack?
Well those are going on the cookie plates I'm making.
I jazzed them up this morning with some chocolate fudge
frosting and Christmas sprinkles trying
to make them look somewhat homemade.
It'll have to do for now because 
I still don't feel the greatest.
Better than before though.


And if I have time today I might work
on Somoa cookies.  Those shouldn't be too hard to
mess up.  Toast some coconut, melt some caramel,
milk and vanilla in a saucepan, stir in coconut
and put them on fudge striped cookies.
Another cheater recipe of mine that is
somewhat homemade and has become
a tradition to make each year.
During my first batch of making them for hubby's work
I had bought some caramels from Dollar Tree.
Don't make the same mistake I made by
doing that.  It took me over an hour to 
remove the wrappers from one bag of those caramels!
Either buy the good caramels from the store
or do as I did, I found a 6 pound bucket
of caramel at Kroger marked down
from $10 to $5.00!
That has been a lifesaver.
No more unwrapping caramels for me thank you!

I scoop out what I need (it's very thick)
and melt it in a saucepan with a little milk.
I have used it on my pumpkin bread as drizzle
and will use for cookies next.
This stuff should last me quite awhile.


11:30am


I laid back down about 6:00am
to 10:30am then had to get up and
go to Kroger for some drinks.
It's brrrrr outside.  It's 16 degrees out
with a 1 degree wind chill.
I made the comment to hubby that
Ohio weather can go from 0-70 (degrees)
in 2.5 days.


1:10pm


I have started wrapping the kids gifts.
If I am able to accomplish this today it will
be the first time ever that we've gotten all the gifts
wrapped before midnight on Christmas eve!
It would be nice for just once to be
able to go to bed at a reasonable hour
the night before Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment