Tuesday, December 31, 2013

12-31-13

8:25am


Today is crock pot cooking day.
I haven't done one of these days in awhile.
These meals made today should last the rest
of the week for suppers and work lunches for hubby,
maybe some lunches for me and the kids but
I have our lunches already planned out with other things.
It's nice to have the main part of your meal
already cooked making less work and time in the kitchen.
And to think I still have my triple crock pot buffet
on top of these crocks, lol.
Left- This crock pot was purchased at a yard sale for $1.00!
Middle and Right- These were found at hubby's work
in vacated apartments.
I actually had a couple more we found that I gave to mom!
Love, love, love my crocks!

Crock #1 has 4 small deer roasts in it
with a carton of beef stock and a can of tomato soup.
Once done drain off soup/stock into 
a pot and add 2 packets of brown gravy.
Cut up some deer roast and add to the gravy
and serve over pasta.
Using anything tomato with deer meat helps to
make it taste less gamey.
This will be used for deer stew with 
carrots, potatoes and gravy.
And it will also be used for deer, noodles, mushrooms and gravy.

Crock #2 has 2 pounds of deer burger with
2 cans tomato soup and 1/2 cup of bbq sauce.
This will be used for 2 meals of sloppy joes.
Serve with french fries or macaroni & cheese.
If there are any leftovers I can make chili with it.

Crock #3 has boneless pork ribs with
a bag of sauerkraut and some brown sugar.
Will serve with potatoes for New Year's Day.

Now I can chill and spend the rest of day
doing other things like the last loads of laundry
and getting them put away.


10:15am


I got the humidifier going again.
I took it all apart and cleaned it out really
well in the bathtub.
My humidifier has washable filters
so no need to go out and buy expensive replacement ones.
Humidity makes your house feel warmer,
your skin less dry and helps with colds and coughs.
The humidity in your house should be somewhere
between 30 - 50%.  Any more could produce mold.
Right now ours is at 45%.
Temperatures are only going to get colder
with more snow on the way so trying to
make it comfortable in here
and the humidifier will allow me to turn back
the thermostat a couple of degrees to try and
shave a little off the gas bill.


12:00pm


Got a letter from hubby's work to to confirm
all the benefits we had.
I could of done without it showing
how much it cost at a whopping $705 a month.
Got depressed so went and took a nap.
They raise the rates of health care, food,
gas, utilities, you name it.
They raise your pay by .25 cents an hour each year
which is a whopping extra $10 a week
before taxes are taken out of it.
(some places are different with raises.
Heck when I worked for Schottensteins
everyone got a .05 cent raise each year,
.10 cents if you were a huge suck up.  ).
Where's the cost of living increase in everyone's pay?!
This nickle, dime and quarter crap ain't cutting it!
I just don't see how people can afford to live anymore!


5:30pm


Supper was de-licious!
You know it's good when the house is
really quiet when everyone is eating, lol.
There was enough deer roast leftover to make
another batch of this another day
and maybe 2 meals of deer stew.
Freezing already cooked meat and gravy is great
to have for a quick supper.
I don't suggest freezing potatoes or maybe pasta.
That hasn't been working out too well for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment