Saturday, December 28, 2013

12-27-13

10:50am


This morning I made egg sandwiches.
It was a luxury this morning because
last night hubby found some packages of 
bacon in the freezer I had forgot about.
So we had bacon and egg sandwiches, YUMMY!
That's just as good as eating steak lol.
Bacon is $5 to $6 plus a pound so
it's not affordable to have around here.
The only reason I have a couple of packages left
is because I found them marked down to $2.19.
Very rare to find and when I saw them
I bought every package they had, about 4-5.

One thing we stretch around here is American cheese slices.
Everyone loves cheese here and it goes too fast.
My family puts it on everything.
When I make sandwiches (not including grilled cheese)
and they want cheese
everyone gets a half of a slice.
It's better than no cheese at all.


3:00pm


Me and hubby took a small Christmas gift over to
our neighbor who is 95 years old.
She's lived here since our houses were built
in 1958!
It's nice to remember our elders
and hear the stories they have to share.
She loved her little ceramic candle!
Instead of buying a real candle for it I got
her a package of battery operated tea light candles.
I could just envision at her age with health problems
her forgetting to blow out the candle and burning
the house down.  Gotta love those battery operated
candles!!  She lives by herself but her one son
comes over constantly to do things for her.
She was telling us that her family had disabled
her car so she couldn't drive anywhere.
She is upset because she can't drive to church
and it's only like a block away, a minute if that.
She was eyeballing and hinting to hubby
about looking at it to get it running again.
There had to of been a reason family did that
to her car and I don't think I want in the middle of that.


4:00pm


We had to run back to Kroger today because
stupid me forgot to get hot dogs and bologna
yesterday.  Plus I needed a bag of potatoes
because the last Kroger we went to was out of them.
I found marked down bacon bologna and instead
of hot dogs I found marked down cheese smoked sausages.
They were all about $1.50 each.
Then I went looking at pork roasts which I still
think are too high priced.
$15 to $30, I don't think so.
So I ran across a package of boneless pork ribs
for $3.29 for 3.13 pounds.
That's more my speed.
Plus I got a package of sauerkraut.

I checked out all the Christmas mark downs.
I have been in search of some LED lights
to help cut back the electric bill at Christmas time.
I haven't had any luck finding them after Christmas
in the past years.
It's a splurge for me at the moment but might
as well grab some now instead of paying
full price.  They were $10 marked down to $3.60,
21.5 feet per box.
Enough to go along our back fence.
I'd think they'd more than pay for themselves next Christmas.

I'd still like to find some LED icicle lights for the front
of the house and a couple white strands
for our Christmas tree.
I've been reading on boxes of LED lights that they
can save you 70 to 95% compared to regular
Christmas lights.  I'm all for that!
HERE is a comparison of regular Christmas lights
and using LED lights, what the wattage is
and about how much it would cost
per Christmas season.

I am also on the hunt for Christmas baking, cooking and
food items marked down.
The only thing I've found so far of interest is
a chocolate Christmas bakery cake.
I don't care what decorations are on it.
It all tastes the same and chocolate is chocolate lol.
It was originally $10 marked down to $2.49.
I would love to find marked down food items
from Thanksgiving and Christmas like
stuffing, gravy, cake mixes, frosting, cookies,
cool whip, rolls, etc etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment