Thursday, December 19, 2013

12-19-13

12:15pm


I'm baaaack!
I needed some time off the blog.
On December 11th I went back to the ER
and they admitted me for 3 days til 12-13 because I was not
getting any better since my last hospital stay.
That first night or should I say early morning hours
was not pleasant.  My fever got to 103 degrees plus
and for 6-8 hours they worked overtime trying
to get it to come down.  It was a very stubborn
fever that did not want to budge.
They ran IV's full speed and put me on ice packs
along with who knows what medications.
The ice packs were the worst thing.
When you are feeling so cold and shivering
you don't want someone putting something
like ice packs on your bare skin!!
I bawled thinking, God, what did I do to deserve this?!
It felt like torture to me.  Hubby and mom
felt helpless standing beside me holding my hand
while I was in agony bawling and watching the nurses do their job.
I had never ever felt my stomach that hot before
in my life.  They placed a large ice pack on it
and in no time it would melt leaving my bed soaked.
More ice packs were applied underneath my arms.
I was dehydrated and so thirsty and kept asking
for something to drink.  They would not give me
anything because of tests they were doing.
In the ER alone before going to my room
they took 10 vials of blood.  I'm sure another
10 were taken in my room if not more during my stay.
One time it got to the point they could not
draw blood, it just wouldn't flow into their tubes
after being poked 4 times!
My potassium levels were low and 
my blood pressure was also low.
I had two IV's in my right arm with up to
four bags of fluids and medications pumping into me.
They would also bring in little cups with
pills for me to take orally.  I took advantage of those
at the time because they would give me water
to swallow them.  I wanted water sooo badly and
would drink those cups like I had been stranded 
out in the desert looking for water.  
But of course there was a price to pay.
I threw up constantly, even with the littlest sip of water.
Going to the bathroom constantly with diarrhea
also caused me to throw up as well.
The nurses told me it was because everything was
passing through me so quickly.
When my diarrhea hit I had to go to the bathroom
right now and I let the nurses know that.
I had many accidents, many changes of undies, night gowns,
bedding, you name it.  It wasn't a pleasant site and
would be so embarrassing having to constantly
press the nurses button on my bed for assistance.
At one time there was a doctor who would come visit.
Little did I realize I was also on the surgery floor of the hospital
and this doctor was a surgeon.
I think he was on stand by in case I needed surgery.
He came in to explain that he didn't think I needed surgery
at the moment and they would do everything they
could to avoid it.
Ok, well there went my stress level even more
with just that thought.
I was having horrible sweating episodes every time
I would sleep.  I'd wake up soaked.
They told me that this was caused by the infection
and another way it was trying to escape.
By the second day I was starting to feel better
and the fever broke.  My blood pressure was still running low
though.  I was allowed a clear liquid diet.
Another doctor came in and said they
finally figured out what the problem was.
They ran a C. Diff test and it came back positive.
He said that it was not done back in late October
during my last hospital stay and he doesn't know why.
I kept telling everyone after they released me
in the beginning of November that I still did not feel right,
I still did not feel good.
I don't think anyone knew how bad I really felt 
because I can slap on a smile over top of
my ailing body and look ok on the outside.
I just figured this was how I was supposed to live
my life feeling the way I did and I coped with
it the best I could.
My husband nor my mom knew it was much worse,
only myself.  I'm not one to go running to doctors
or emergency rooms to get treated if I can
just hobble along another day.
I didn't want to bother anyone especially at 
Christmas time, there was things we needed to do.
Well the morning of 12-11 the kids did not have any school
and boy was I glad.  I got up to see hubby off to work
and just went back to bed.  I was hurting, in tears
and so exhausted and sick.  Hubby didn't know any better that
morning.  Mom called that morning and said she was dropping
some Gatorade off.  When she saw me she said,
we're taking you to the ER.  She knew something
was really wrong when I did not resist and climbed right
in their car and away we went.
The kids were ok to be home alone and I didn't
have to worry about them being in school.
There was a little wait in the ER to be seen in triag
and that's when mom called my husband at work.
I kept saying not to call and worry him
but she still called anyway.
It didn't seem like we were back in one
of the ER rooms when I was seen by a doctor
who said I would be staying a couple of days.
Mom called hubby back at work around 10am
and he left work to come be with us.
By the time he got there I was on some
pretty good pain killer and was in and out of sleeping.
I was just upset with myself for being sick
even though I could not have helped it.
It was Wednesday and hubby was taking
Thursday and Friday off work so we could
go Christmas shopping and spend the day together.
And here I was in the ER being admitted to the hospital.
I had a GI doctor's appointment on Friday
that I had tried with all my might to make it
to after waiting a month to be seen to avoid the ER.
Whelp I did not make it.  And it didn't matter
anyway if I did.  What I had could not have
been treated by him, only by a hospital.
I was released from the hospital after being able
to eat and drink without getting sick and my vitals
where looking much better late afternoon of 12-13.
And let me tell ya, after getting the right
medications, treatment and what not,
this is the best I have felt it 2 1/2 months.
I am so glad they finally figured out what was wrong with me.
It wasn't Crohn's but Crohn's could have played a part
in it because it makes you have a weak 
immune system which makes you more
prone to infections and illnesses than your 
average person.  They did tell me during my
last hospital stay that I do now have Colitis,
which is inflammation in the colon or large intestines.
Which would make sense because 
C. Diff can cause problems in your colon.


1:00pm


Since the hospitals stays you can imagine
we are trying so hard to play catch up around here
with doing things for Christmas shopping.
We've been spending every evening shopping
for a couple hours looking for the best deals.
When it comes to electronics and gaming
things for kids you know this is not easy.
With little time left before Christmas I think
I've been doing pretty good with not paying
full price for anything on my kids Christmas wish lists.
Last night alone at Gamestop I had to do a little
bitching but it paid off and I ended up saving
anywhere between $60 to $80!
The only money I have to spend for Christmas
was what I was able to save up
in the saving's account throughout the year.
We're talking about $500 to $600 and that
has to be divided up among our family.
Throw in some electronics like a laptop computer,
black Xbox slim 360, recent popular Xbox games 
(Ghost, Battlefield 4, GTA 5, etc and computer games, 
2 Xbox lives for 12 months each along with Xbox accessories
like headphones with mics & wireless rapid fire controllers, steering wheel and pedals for a PC,
DVDs, maybe a clothing outfit for each child
and a few other smaller items,
then you will wonder why I am stressing so bad
at the last minute to find the best deals.
It starts adding up REALLY quick!!
I'm talking like $250 each per child to be spent total!!
I'm trying to work a miracle at the moment.
Then throw in I am still recovering from my illness.
I will be soooo thankful to get through this Christmas
with God's guidance because I don't
know how else I would be able to accomplish all this.
Oh and you can't forget that I am trying so hard
to do all my Christmas baking in on top of all this
so I can get some baked gifts out to all
my neighbors, friends and hubby's coworkers.
Picture Santa's workshop with all his elves.
That is my house right now but I am
the only elf working!!!  AHHHHH!
And everyone tells me I need to slow down and rest.
LMAO, there's no rest for the weary.
This mom has to make a Christmas miracle happen
in record time.


10:45pm


Hubby's work is such a caring place.
Everyone acts like family and is understanding.
They did the most wonderful thing for us
knowing how much we have been through
with our health lately and knowing we are struggling.
Today hubby found in his work cubby a 
Christmas card with a Walmart gift card inside
signed Santa.  Hubby kept it a secret from
me all day and handed the envelope to me
as soon as he got home.
I just bawled my eyes out when I saw 
what was inside!!
They took up a donation from all the employees
to help us out with Christmas.
I have thanked God for some answered prayers at this time.









No comments:

Post a Comment