Saturday, December 21, 2013

12-21-13

9:15am


Got up around 7am which to me is like sleeping
in considering I get up at 5:30am each week day.
Took one of my antibiotics with about a half doughnut
and it still made me feel weird, a little woozy/lightheaded.
Even though I'm not hungry after that first doughnut
I am now trying to eat a second one
just to get over the side affects of that pill.
I'm done taking my Prednisone which is a steroid
thank goodness.  Prednisone can interrupt your sleep
and make you want to eat all the time.
Now I just have 2 antibiotics and my Crohn's med to take.


12:00pm


Went to the scrap metal place and made $82.
Every little bit helps out right now!
From there we went to the thrift store and
amazingly we got our Christmas shopping DONE!!!
I got the boys each 2 pairs of pants,
2 shirts, 4 pairs of undies and one sports jacket.
Then we searched for a couple of gifts for the
in-laws.  Would you believe I found a
Garmin GPS for only $6.96 for them!!
I plugged it in my truck and it actually works!!
Thank God because I never know what to
get my in-laws.  This should work out
good for them because they like to travel and have an RV.

Then I found mom a Taste of Home
binder cookbook.  She likes Taste of Home
and has a collection of their cookbooks.
I'm pretty sure this cookbook alone
cost $50 when it first came out.
I paid $3.93 for it.



7:00pm


I'm still feeling jittery/weak and have all day
since yesterday.
I don't know how to explain how I feel.
I hope it goes away but it's been going on two days now.
I don't need anymore problems right now!!


9:30pm


I am trying to figure out why I am feeling the way I do.
It doesn't makes sense to be feeling fine 
for about 5 days then start feeling weird for the next two
with shakiness, somewhat tired, feeling lightheaded and so on.
So I got to wondering if I may have mixed up
my one antibiotic with my pain meds
which sit next to one another on the counter.
Both pills look very similar.
It's a possibility.  I thought I was very careful to
read the bottles before taking any meds.
I have now put my pain meds away from my
daily meds so there is no mix up.
Time will tell if I start to feel a little more normal.


I had been reading about making a
flower pot heater to help warm a single room.
You know me I'm always thinking about
ways of cutting back utilities where I can.
Well I never got around to making one but
today in the thrift store I found this candle thingy
made from what appears to be terra cotta.
It's about the width of a large saucer.
All their Christmas items were 50% off so I got
it for $1.50.  I decided to give this a trial run today
on top of one of my large candles
to see if it would keep the room warm.
It got to around 60 degrees outside with pouring rain
and we had a couple of windows open,
fans running and the heat turned off.
I had this candle lit with this topper on
for most of the afternoon and into the evening.
My combined living, dining and kitchen
room temperatures got to 76 degrees.
Was it the candle making heat?
I can't really say at the moment
considering the temperatures outside
but to me it looked good.  We'll have to try
it out on a much colder day.




I wrapped a bunch of presents today.
Some I wished I had boxes for to make
wrapping easier.
I didn't want to run out and buy any gift boxes
or bags and spend more money and the option
of looking for little boxes in dumpsters behind
stores today in the rain wasn't possible
so that's when I came up with this next idea.
I had an OSU gift I was giving the in-laws
that was an oddball shape to wrap. 
I put it in a scarlet and gray pillow case
and used that as the gift bag and tied
it up with some pretty ribbon at the top.
Cheap pillow cases are around .39 cents
at the thrift store.  Cheaper than
a dollar store gift bag and your recipient
gets more than one gift with the extra pillow case.


---



No comments:

Post a Comment