Monday, December 23, 2013

12-23-13

7:30am - 8:25am


I've been feeling tired these last couple of days
trying to lay down and take naps when I can
to get rested to get things done for Christmas.
The shakiness sort of went away but I feel
weaker than normal which I guess is understandable
when your body is fighting an infection.
The main thing is that I try to keep going
to make this Christmas happen.
Yesterday I had my mother and father-in-law
along with my nephew come over for a Christmas visit.
My nephew has never been to our home
so that was a nice surprise.
I think he's around 19 years old.
We exchanged gifts but the adults all decided
we wouldn't open them til Christmas day.

I baked a ham yesterday just so we'd have something
to munch on a couple days before Christmas for meals.
We bought this ham and ended up getting
a second ham from hubby's supervisor at work
which is brining and will be made Christmas day.
The first brined ham turned out really good.
I was going to add seasoning and a glaze on top
but thought it tasted just fine the way it was
so skipped that part.

Today is my baking day.
So far I have made rice krispies fudge
and dough to make jam thumbprint cookies.
This dough has to be in the fridge a couple
of hours before baking.
Then I still have somoa cookies,
oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
and my pumpkin bread needs it's drizzled tops put on.

Here's my rice krispie fudge cooling.
Instead of making just regular fudge I try
to stretch what I have further to make more
by adding things like cereal or marshmallows.

Hubby finds pots and pans at work that we at times
take to the scrap metal place.
This time around he found a nice, heavy duty,
aluminum cookie sheet.  I salvaged it from
the scrap pile and kept it to bake on.
My pans take a beating with all the cooking
and baking I do so it's nice to have a newer one.
I see them use these type of pans on the Food channel.

Whelp it's almost 9:00am and I'm ready to go
lay back down for a few.
The tiredness becomes overwhelming at times
even after just sleeping the night or after taking naps.


12:25pm


Got up from my nap around 11:30am.
It seemed to of helped for the moment.
Got a piece of ham to eat and are now taking
all my meds for the first go round today.
Now I've got a tray of raspberry thumbprint cookies
baking in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment