Tuesday, December 10, 2013

12-10-13

7:45am


Not sure how long you are supposed to wait
for a bus in snowy weather.
It's 19 degrees out with a 9 degree wind chill.
I left at 6:45 and just now came back home.
The bus didn't show up and traffic is crawling out there.
Roads are slippery.
In a 35 mph zone I don't even think
traffic was moving 25 mph.
I brought the kids back home.
Columbus City Schools called off school
last Friday when I didn't think it was that bad.
Today they should of called school off!


10:15am


I feel a little better today so went ahead and
made two batches of Saltine Toffee.
It's pretty easy and cheap to make.

1.  Line a cookie sheet with saltine crackers.
I put down non-stick aluminum foil underneath
for easier clean up.
2.  In a small saucepan melt 1 1/4 cups butter.
Once melted stir in 1 1/4 cups brown sugar.
Bring to a light boil, then boil for 2 minutes.
3.  Remove saucepan from burner and stir
in 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
Pour mixture over saltine crackers evenly.

4.  Bake 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
5.  Remove cookie sheet from oven
and sprinkle a bag of chocolate chips on top.
Place back in oven for about a minute.

6.  Remove cookie sheet from oven and using
the back of a spoon, spread the melted chips
over the crackers.

7.  Cool in fridge, freezer or in my case I
put them on the back step outside,
til the chocolate hardens.
Break apart before serving.



---


No comments:

Post a Comment