Saturday, May 10, 2014

5-9-14

1:50pm


Oh it was a fun evening last night and this morning.
They boys ended up flipping the switch on the wall
which in turn turned off the wireless router
and for some reason after
turning it back on I could not get the wireless router
working after that.  I tried everything from turning them off
again, rebooting, unplugging wires, checking wires, replacing wires,
you name it I did it and nothing worked.
Our wifi wouldn't recognize our router
or would say it was out of range.
Wouldn't even pick it up on any computer.
You would have thought the kids thought it was 
the end of the world by not having internet.
They were begging and pleading with me
to try and get it working today while we were sitting
at the bus stop this morning.
I came back home and tried everything again,
absolutely nothing.
I didn't have money to go out and buy a new wireless router
at $50+ a pop.

Last night mom had called and cancelled our plans
of going yard saling this morning.
Well she called this morning and said 
plans had changed and off to yard sales we went
before it rained.
A couple yard sales in and I find a brand new
wireless router still in it's package for $3.00!
It still had the Best Buy receipt in the box
which showed they paid $50 to $60 for it
about a year ago!!
Oh my goodness.  Someone is sure looking out
for me today!!
I know hardly anything about setting these things up.
Be lucky I figured out the old one we had somehow.
I wasn't even sure if it was the old router that had gone bad.
Heck to me it looked like it was still working.
It had lights and everything on it.
So I unplug that one and put this new one on
and it was very easy.  I changed out a couple ethernet cords
because I bought a couple of new ones at another yard
sale for .25 cents each just in case they were bad.  
Went to Netgear's website
and figured out the security password for it and all that jazz.
WHEW!
Just in the nick of time I had this all put together
and figured out 45 minutes before the kids get home.
I've been working at this for almost 24 hours now!
I dislike trying to figure out electronics!!!

I know we freak out about not having internet.
But when you have things listed on Craigslist trying
to make money and have no internet,
that's not good!
Plus I've been trying to make recipes
for this Eggo contest which is online.  I take my recipe
contests seriously after winning a few over the years!

I see there's a response or two from Craigslist about the truck
and one about the car hood.
Plus we had a couple people stop by last night
and another is supposed to stop by tonight
about the truck.
Waiting patiently for a buyer to come along.
Trying to make a little profit on this truck
to make some extra money around here
to pay off the doctor bills.
The car hood would be total profit considering
we found it in a vacated apartment at hubby's work.
Strange to find a hood in an apartment I know.
Hey if it brings us an extra $150
I'm all for it.


Other things I got at yard sales today...

7.1 megapixel Sanyo digital camera .25 cents

7.2 megapixel Samsung digital camera .25 cents

Yes they do work and are being put back
as Christmas presents for the boys
who've been wanting their own cameras.

Got the boys a shirt and pair of pants .50 cents each.

2 pairs of face masks for the pool .50 cents for both.

For Mother's Day I got 2 cards .50 cents each.

Mom coffee cup .25 cents.

Found in yard sale freebie box...

Large umbrella & wooden window bird feeder.


6:35pm


Got a deposit from someone who wants to buy our truck.
Woo Hoo.  They're coming back tomorrow morning
with the rest of the cash.
Hubby has talked to so many people interested
in the truck that he doesn't remember if he
told these people $1200 or if they are paying
the full price of $1500.  Ahhhh!
Oh well it's all good.
And this wasn't even a Craigslist sale.
It was someone who drives by everyday to
take their child to the Hispanic school
one and a half blocks away.


9:15pm


I might go color my hair while I have a moment.
Guess I'll stick with the red color.
Only this time the color is permanent
and doesn't wash out in so many shampoos.
Yikes.
Then to bed and get up early and hopefully
these people show up for the truck.
Then pack our truck up to go the lake to 
see the in-laws.  Will probably spend the night.
My son got a tent for his birthday and wants
to try it out.  Hmm wonder how long that will last 
before he's back inside.






No comments:

Post a Comment