Tuesday, May 13, 2014

5-13-14

2:40pm

Got most of our running done for today
except for maybe a walk this evening.

After going to Lowes, Home Depot,
Menards and Meijer, we finally 
found 6 packs of tomato plants at Andersons!
I got Super Sweet Cherry 100's
and Beefsteak tomatoes.  I think it was
$1.88 a 6 pack.

Went to the bank also to deposit the money
from the truck and a couple of scrap metal checks.
Slowly building the account back up.
Made about $500 profit on the truck and now
have a couple people interested in the hood for sale.

Lastly we stopped by Kroger to pick up
a couple of things.  If you know me I scope out
any and all mark downs.
This is how I supply the family with meats
for meals at a reasonable cost.  
Cannot afford full meat prices that's for sure.
And meat keeps going up and up.
Even if I'm in the grocery store picking
up a few things on my grocery list
I'll still check out any and all mark downs
to stock my cupboards and freezers with.
You never know what you'll find and when
so better buy it when you find it.
These are all the mark downs I found today.



2 fajita seasoned pork steaks (looks like a tenderloin) $3.49 each

4 packs corned beef .39 cents each

Cheese nut ball $1.79

Purdue seasoned, ground & cooked turkey .99 cents each

Cheddar brats $1.99

2 can Campbell's beef consume .79 cents each

2 cans Swanson chicken broth .69 cents each.


Here are other mark down meats I've found within
the last week or so.


Large pack of cubed ham $2.59

Large pack of pork chops $4.79

2 Large packs of pork ribs (1 not shown and is in crock)
$4.45 each

Turkey sausage links $1.69

Pork cube steaks $1.38

Johnsonville garlic sausage $2.49

Bob Evans 6 pack beer brats $2.79


Here is the last mark down along with
some freebies my mother-in-law gave
me when we were at the lake.


24 pack Kroger citrus drop $2.49

The rest was FREE!

Large package of spaghetti

2 packages of wheat spaghetti

Whole wheat rotini pasta

Egg noodles

Elbow macaroni

2 boxes macaroni & cheese

Bag of pancake mix

Cake mix

large boxes of corn flakes and rice krispies cereal

2 cartons of milk

2 cartons cream of chicken soup

2 cans cream of chicken soup

2 cans vegetable soup



The kids stayed home from school today.
They both had a field trip to the skating rink
and neither one wanted to go.
Also the neighbor kid I take to and from the bus stop
did not attend the field trip or go to school today.


Tomorrow's agenda looks like this...
South end flea market 
and South end junk yard
to find parts for hubby's car.


4:15pm


Made bbq ribs yesterday in the crock.
Today I have them warming, shredded them
and removed any bones.
Got a pot of potatoes boiling to serve
them over mashed potatoes.

Yesterday evening we turned on the air conditioner
and have it on today as well.
After the storms the humidity just became
unbearable for us.  It got to 84+ degrees in our home.


I need to sit down and redo some of my meal menus
I had for 3 weeks plus make up more meal menus for after that
with what I just bought.  I am now on week two
of the three week menu I made.
I had a problem with a couple of chicken meals I had planned.
I think I'm going to quit buying the Kroger FMV
chicken leg quarters for $6.89.
They tend to go bad very quickly!!
I just threw out 10 pounds of chicken yesterday!!
That hurt to do that but what else can ya do.
This is the second bag that's gone bad
in the last couple months!
Sure it's cheap but it's not worth buying
unless you are making it the same day if that.


9:10pm


So with hubby being off for the week we decide
to start taking tires off his car to find where
the creaks, squeaks and groans are coming 
from after this Winter.

I find this rear driver's tire is bald with high and low spots
throughout with steel belts coming through.
The tire on the opposite side isn't doing the same thing
and still has good tread on it.

I spin the rotor on the car 
and it's squeaking.  Hubby comes over and realizes
the driver's side rear brake pads are gone.
Doesn't make sense because they are fine on the other side.

Hmmm, wonder what could be causing all this?
So after a little further investigation
here is the culprit...
a stabilizer bar link is broke, AHHH!

All this along with 2 tires and a front end alignment.
It figures once we get a little money in our pocket.
$20 brakes
$20 Stabilizer bar link
don't know how much for 2 used tires installed will cost
or how much an alignment is.
I'm figuring we're looking at $100 to $200 for everything
if we're lucky.

Well I'm heading to bed soon.
My back/ hip has been hurting me pretty good
since Saturday night.
I slept out in a tent with my son
on the cold, hard ground Saturday night.
I made my way back into my in-laws
home at 2am to sleep because my back hurt so bad.
I have been eating Tylenol and ibuprofen ever since,
rotating them every 4 hours.







No comments:

Post a Comment