Tuesday, May 20, 2014

5-19-14

7:40am


Yesterday we sold the car hood that
we listed on Craigslist.
Took a little less than what we asked for it
but hey it was free money.
Time to look for some more stuff to sell.

Hubby is back to work after a week's vacation.
So it's kinda quiet around here this morning
after a week of running around.

I got some ham thawing out.  I'm making
ham and potato soup for supper.  I found some veggies
in the fridge that needed used up like
carrots and celery to throw in there as well.
Soups and casseroles are good ways
to use up any leftovers.

Later on this afternoon I might work
on getting some chocolate ready for the freezer.
My friend gave me a large box full of
chocolate Easter bunnies, chocolate eggs,
marshmallow candies, egg die kits
and some toys.
I'll save some bunnies in the freezer
for next Easter and the rest I think I'll
shred up and store in vacuum sealed
bags in the freezer for baking and cookies.


Yesterday we had to go to Kroger to get 
some bread and some after school snacks
for the boys this week.
I found a pound of fresh broccoli florets for $1.29.
(serve them with ranch dressing dip)
and a large bag of 20 snack chips marked
down to $4.49.  I usually don't buy bags like these
and prefer to get regular bags of chips
on sale and put them in zip baggies myself to save money.


I might ask mom to go to Kohl's this week with me.
In the mail I got not one but TWO
$10 off purchase of $10 or more coupons.


3:30pm


Sitting here chilling til hubby gets home from work.
Got supper in the crock pot already done.
I just got done washing down the tub and shower walls
in the bathroom.  Little wet from that.
I usually like to do that when I'm in there taking
a shower and are already wet, lol.
Now I need to run downstairs and do some more laundry.
I found a bunch of towels at hubby's work this
past weekend and need to get them washed up
and finish washing our weekly laundry.

We very rarely use paper towels for messes or cleaning.
Instead I have a laundry basket under my kitchen sink
full of rags and towels of all different sizes.






No comments:

Post a Comment