Tuesday, May 6, 2014

5-6-14

7:20am

Warning,my mind is on overload and in
a rambling mood at the moment because I have
been so stressed over coming up with money for
my son's birthday.


I purchased a PS3 at a yard sale 
and have worried ever since about having it fixed.
Wasn't sure if it would be worth it plus I'd still have
to buy games, an hdmi cord, controllers and what
not for it.  As you can see the cost would keep
going up and up.  I researched that game system
and it seem that model (an older one called fat boy)
has problems and who's to say getting it fixed
would solve the problems it has or if it even has wifi.
Maybe I can sell it and make a little money from it.
I've seen broken ones on Craigslist for $50 to $80.
Even to make a couple of bucks on it would be good.
Sooo...
We've been on the hunt for another one,
preferably one that was newer, the slim model with
more GB's and one that has wifi in it.
Not even sure the model I bought at the yard sale has it.
Nothing like doing a crash course in game systems
at the spur of the moment to learn about them.
I have no clue when it comes to this stuff.
I don't play on them or use them.

I have been searching high and low on Craigslist
for a PS3.  I have called people, left messages and
no one would call us back.  It was getting frustrating
and time is running out to get this birthday gift
for my son.  So me and hubby as a last resort
went to Gamestop last night and bought a used one.
It was a fat boy (older model), is 40gb, has
one wireless controller and a power cord.
That's it.  No games, no extra controller or hdmi cord.
It was MUCH more than I had wanted to pay.
It has not put me in a good mood that's for sure.
I'd still have to buy another controller,
games and an hdmi cord.  I don't want to know
how much those extras cost on top of what
we just paid.  Just felt more sick to my stomach.
But what do you do at the last minute.
I'd have to sacrifice a lot of things to get this.

This morning I'm still searching on Craigslist 
looking at PS3's.  I see one that I called and left a message
about (but no return phone call) had been reposted.
This time around I decided to email them.
It's 6:00am in the morning.
I was very surprised to get responses right away
via email from them that early.
I have it set up to go check it out tonight.
I figure if I can get this PS3 I can return the other
one to Gamestop and get my money back.
It was never opened.
This PS3 I am wanting to buy off Craigslist
is a newer, slim model, is 320GB compared to
the Gamestop's 40 GB one.
It also includes 2 wireless controllers,
2 charging cords for the controllers,
an hdmi cord along with 9 games,
most of which are my son's favorites.
It costs almost $60 less than just buying
the games system and a controller from Gamestop
and I get all the extras and more GB's to go with it!
I just went through and figured out how
much those 9 used games are worth at Gamestop
and those are valued at $122 if I had
bought them separately!!

If I would have bought this Craigslist PS3 used at
Gamestop it would have cost
PS3 slim 320GB $300
9 games $122
Blue wireless controller $40
Hdmi cord $18
---------------------------------
TOTAL $480!!!

And who knows.  Maybe there's a little
wiggle room in price on this Craigslist one.
I'm pretty sure I saw OBO on the previous post they had.
Plus by getting this Craigslist model I can use 2 scrap metal
checks I got to pay for it and have money leftover because of
not having to pay tax on it.  Which would make this free because the scrap metal was free.  The Gamestop one costs $66 over
and beyond 2 scrap metal checks!
Now I can apply extra money towards supper
at Texas Roadhouse tomorrow.
Which me and mom figured out a much cheaper
route for the both of us to eat out for my son's birthday.
Instead of us taking him out one day and her
taking him out to eat another day,
we're all going out together to Roadhouse
and splitting the check.
So this whole PS3 deal and Texas Roadhouse meal
will cost me about $32 out of pocket after applying
the free 2 scrap metal checks.

My brain hurts from trying to figure out
how to make this all work out
at the littlest cost.
I think I've done it but now I'm wore out.
To be frugal sure takes a lot of work!


10:15pm


I'm tired of driving.
Went to Circleville to get this PS3.
Ended up with 12 games instead of 9!!
:0)
Nothing like doing things last minute.
But it wasn't my fault.
My son decided like Sat or Sun that
he wanted a PS3 for his birthday
which didn't give me much time to find
a deal on one.






No comments:

Post a Comment