Saturday, May 17, 2014

5-17-14

10:30am


Got up this morning and started a big breakfast.
I usually make this once in awhile
and for Sunday mornings but had an exception
this Saturday morning with a guest spending the night.
I figured this child spending the night hasn't
seen a good home cooked meal in awhile
so went out of my way to make it.

I peeled and shredded potatoes and fried them
in the skillet with some maple flavored ground sausage
and seasoning.
I served this hash on a plate, topped with
shredded cheddar cheese, a fried egg and 
more cheddar cheese.  Then had a side of toast.


7:30pm


Not liking this cold and rainy weather.
It makes for boring days inside.
For the past couple of hours I've
been laying in bed watching tv
or napping with the heating pad.
I've been having a headache most of the day
starting at my neck and shoulders traveling
up the backside of my head to the top of my head.
I just took a really hot shower with the massage on
and a couple of ibuprofen.
To take hot showers I turn the faucet on in the kitchen
on hot for a couple of minutes then turn it off
and go do whatever for about 5-10 minutes.
This fires up the hot water tank and makes
for some really hot water.  The hotter the better for me
with my aches and pains, especially my hips
and lower back which also have been bothering me.

I'm ready for some warmer weather.
They say we have a frost warning or whatever for tonight
as we're supposed to drop down into the 30's for a low.
I gotta remember to bring in the tomato and aloe
vera plants I took outside.
I hadn't planted the tomato plants yet because
I have been trying to round things up
for when I plant them like epsom salt, egg shells,
coffee grounds, tea bags, aspirin, fish and so on.
All this will go into the holes I dig.
Keeping them inside until I see some heat or sun
because that's what tomato plants like.
Plus I'll fertilize them once every two weeks.
Remember there's a contest to see who can
grow the biggest tomato at hubby's work.



---

No comments:

Post a Comment