Friday, November 30, 2012

11-30-12

7:20am


I've been up since 5:45am.
I plugged the dehydrator back in at 6:30am
since I need to finish up drying three trays of potatoes
that are almost done and turned the heat down to 69 then.
I still have 20 pounds of potatoes to do
and have done about 15 pounds so far.
I might wait til about Wednesday of next week to do them.
Now through Tuesday of next week it's supposed
to be high's up upper 50's to 63 degrees.
Then Wednesday it's dropping to 44 degrees for a high
with lows in the 30's.
So I'll wait for cooler temperatures again
to run the dehydrator to help keep the place warm
while doing the potatoes. 
Thursday and Friday of next week hubby has vacation time
and we're going to spend that time finishing up
any Christmas shopping.


10:00am

The temperature in the house is still at 73 degrees
3.5 hours later
even though I turned the thermostat down to 69 at 6:30am!
Heading out to go to Cake Craft Co.
Looking for some tool shaped cookie cutters.
Screwdriver, hammer, saw, pliers, wrench, etc.
Want to make tool cookies for the maintenance
guys at hubby's work for Christmas if I can
find some that are reasonable.


11:40am


Just got home from the cake store
and mom took us out to lunch at Arbys.
That cake store has every shape imaginable
for cookie cutters you can think of.
Their whole side wall is nothing but cookie cutters.
I got all 6 tool shaped cookie cutters they had-
screwdriver, hammer, pliers, saw, wrench & drill.
They were .99 cents a piece.
To get this 6 piece set on Ebay would cost you $13
so don't go looking there for ones that are cheaper! 
Get it at Cake Craft Co. for less than half that!
I also bought a bottle of black gel paste food coloring for $1.59.
I asked the owner there how I could make
gray colored frosting.  I thought I tried to make
it before with a tube of black writing frosting mixed in with 
white frosting but it didn't work.  
So he suggested this black coloring
used sparingly in white frosting to get the gray color.
I need gray for the tools.  I use more of a glaze
type frosting on my cookies that hardens
compared to a tub of frosting.




4:00pm


Haven't had the home furnace on today since 6:30am.  
So there's 9.5 hours today of saving on the gas bill
and 13 hours yesterday for a total of
22.5 hours of gas saved in two days time.
Temp has stayed between 70-71 in here.
It's 56 degrees out.
The solar heater box got up to 200 degrees today. 
I was possibly thinking about moving it up by the house
to shorten the amount of duct work that the air has to
flow through so it could possibly pump
more heat into the house.
We'll see how energetic and how much patience
I have this weekend to do that.


I've seen enough Little Caesers commercials now.
I saw at least three almost back to back within 5 minutes 
and another two back to back within 15 minutes after that!
Two more just came on now.  AHHHHH!
Yeah throwing tons of the same pizza commercials
makes me want to go out and buy one....NOT.
Getting annoyed and all I'm doing is trying
to watch Doomsday Preppers on NatGeo.
I guess you're supposed to prep with a ton of pizzas, lol.


I think tonight for supper I'm gonna use up leftovers
from making cheddar bacon pinwheels to make a pizza.
1 can of crescent roll dough pressed onto a cookie sheet
topped with ranch dressing, garlic powder,
bacon, fresh sliced mushroom and french fried onions
with shredded mozarella cheese. 


6:15pm


The office at hubby's work is starting to update all
their computers with new ones.  
They were going to throw out the older ones!
So far we have brought home 2 of the ones
they were getting rid of.  They are all Dell.
My son is happy with having a desk top now.
This will be considered an early Christmas present!
Here's the computers we got FREE!
I put a matchbox truck
in front of the one to show the width of it.
I looked up their value and saw about $150 each. 
One's on Craigslist for $125.








No comments:

Post a Comment