Saturday, November 24, 2012

11-24-12

12:45pm


This morning we had to go to the title place to redo
the title on the truck we sold.  The guy somehow 
screwed up the notary part.  He did pay to have it redone
and even gave hubby a 30 pack of Nattty Light for his trouble.

From there we stopped by the thrift store.
Not sure why because it wasn't my idea.
But it was a good thing since I found a few things I needed.
I found a second electric fan to run on my solar heater.
It was $3.93.  So it cost about $8 for two electric
fans.  Compare that to just over $50 if I had gone
with 2 plug in duct fans from Menards.
I got my solar air heater covered all the way around
by running it off the solar panel, drill batteries or electric. 

I also found a package of weather seal for an air conditioner
for .90 cents.  I plan to cut this and use around the doors
where any more drafts are being felt and also
in the small hole in the outside wall where
we ran wires through for the security cameras to
keep the cold air out.



From the thrift store we stopped in Menards.
I got a couple dryer duct connectors,
and a couple more clamps.
Oh yeah and we splurged and got a couple
20 foot long dryer hoses.
I also bought a heavy duty 24 hour appliance timer.
That was $5.49.  This I will use on our deep freezer
to help save a little money on the electric bill.
I plan to run the freezer for 12 hours on then 12 hours off each day.



MAIL CALL

I got a couple freebies in the mail today and yesterday.
The pumpkin pie spice in the above photo
along with 2 free Pittsburgh Steelers hand towels!
Those are being put up for hubby for Christmas.



2:00pm


I hooked up the train ornament I got at the
thrift store in a baggie with a bunch of other stuff
in it for .90 cents.  You unplug a light bulb
and insert this bulb in it's place.
I thought Christopher would enjoy it
since he loves trains.



Breakfast today was for each person-

2 hash brown patties fried in a little Italian dressing.
Top one patty with 1/2 slice cheese,
then add a fried egg and maple sausage
and another 1/2 slice of cheese.
Top with another hash brown.
Drizzle ketchup over top. 


Supper-


I didn't bring home much leftover turkey from
Thanksgiving, maybe 4 pieces.
I cut and shredded those pieces up and 
fried in a skillet with some mayo and dry Italian dressing.
Remove from skillet.
In skillet add slice of buttered bread face down in pan.
Top with 1/2 slice cheese, turkey and 1/2 slice cheese.
Add the other piece of buttered bread on top.
Sprinkle a little garlic powder on the tops of
the butter bread when frying.
Fry like a grilled cheese. 
They all applauded my new sandwich creation, literally!
:0)


7:50pm


Hubby told me about an empty apartment
where he works that the people moved out and left
the refrigerator and freezer items.
I told him that if he got called out on
an emergency call that we would stop by
and get the stuff to bring home.
Well we just got home from going out on call.
The first one of the day and it was a simple one.
A resident moved out today and called
to say that he had turned the heat off in his apartment.
Well they are not supposed to shut off any heat
with temperatures dipping to freezing temps due
to water line freeze ups.  So that's why he
called to tell us to turn the heat back on.
 Anyways here's what we brought home
from the other move out apartment.
Most things were labeled organic.
Even the pouch of cat treats was organic!
You know organic stuff isn't cheap.
And as for the one package of 1 pound ground beef,
well that sucker had a price sticker of $6.55 a pound!! 
I love when I am able to grocery shop
from vacated apartments for FREE!






That's about all for now.
We've been cleaning house today and watching
the OSU - Michigan football game.
Plus I've been working on laundry this evening
and got about 3 loads done.
Hoping to work on getting the solar air heater
hooked up tomorrow.
Right now I'm wearing down and just popped
a couple more acetaminophins to help the pain.















No comments:

Post a Comment