Sunday, November 25, 2012

11-25-12

9:35am


I actually slept in til 8:50am.
I haven't slept in, in awhile!
I'm up usually between 5:30 to 7:00am.


11:40am


I think I'm on my 4th or 5th load of laundry today.
Not sure why one week I can have 3-4 loads
and other weeks there can be as many as 6.

I went through our coats, shoes and some clothes
and weeded out the ones that we don't wear anymore.
I'll take those to a donation drop box to get rid of them.

Still working on Christmas decorations.
Put some blue bulbs on the tree.
I took the red beaded garland off the small window tree.
I was tired of fixing it because of cats.





2:30pm


I got the duct vents siliconed on the backside
of the solar air heater.  I forgot to do that when
making the box.



And I also got the fan installed in the window
and took part of the air condition weather seal
and put around it to seal out any drafts there may be.

The bottom fan pulls cooler air from the bottom
of the room into the solar air heater 
while the top fan blows the warmer air out
of the solar air heater.
And there is also another fan inside the heater itself
which can run off a solar panel or drill battery if needed. 
I took a piece of the panel insulation and cut
out a hole that would fit the bottom fan.
I'll use this during the evening and night
to plug the fan up so it doesn't have any
cool air blow in. 



Ok, now getting ready to go out and install
the dryer ducts to the window and to the solar heater.
The dryer ducts are made of aluminum and will
eventually need maybe some insulation or
need to be painted flat black to keep heat in them
and to possibly absorb more heat from the sun.
If I could find some bubble wrap somewhere
I would wrap them in that.  I have no more
wool to cover them like the last ones.

3:30pm


Got the solar heater all hooked up.
Right now it's all trial an error.
It's too late in the day to test the heater's output
because we start to lose the sun.
Our main sun on the heater is around
8/9:00am to 3:00pm with a short spell
in the morning with a tree trunk shadow
as the sun moves across the sky.
Hoping to have some sun tomorrow to see
how these 20ft dryer ducts are going to work.
If I would happen to shorten the distance
then the car would have to move or if
I put it near the house then we
would only have noon or later sun which
will shorten the time for any heat in the heater.





5:30pm


Christmas lights all lit up :0)
 Well almost, there's still some strands not working
on the white tree.  I'm not buying another prelit
tree anytime soon.  This is the second one we've
had that had lights go out within two years of use.








8:09pm


High ho, High ho, Out on call we go.
Gotta think of the overtime to get us through.
We ain't out of the woods just yet
and have to watch how much we spend
for another couple of months.


9:45pm

Back home.  Another stupid call but hey it's money.
A patio door wouldn't lock.  No one is home.
No one answers the phone numbers they left
on the answering machine.
The husband who called and left a message said he was out of town
and his wife would be home at 9pm. 
Got over to the apartment around 25 til 9.
Hubby went to the shop and made a charlie bar
for the patio door before even seeing it.
Went over to the apartment.  It's 9:05pm.
No one is home.
Called the number again and left a message to call back.
No one calls back.  Hubby went in to check the door.
Ok, even though the actual lock won't lock
they still had a charlie bar in the door along
with another lock on the door.  There would
have been no way anyone could of gotten
in that apartment with the lock not working
with those other safety precautions.
He still fixed the lock and was done within minutes.
About half way home the lady finally returns
our call.   He told her the lock was fixed but she
would have been ok with the other locks.
Her hubby was wrong as to what time she
was going to be home also.  She wasn't going
to be home til 10pm or later.  So it was a good
thing we didn't sit around and wait on her.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment