Monday, November 26, 2012

11-26-12


 1:30pm


Hubby doesn't have to work today.
His work gives everyone Thanksgiving and the day
after off.  He had to work the Friday after Thanksgiving
so he gets today off for that instead.

Got a kid that's been complaining his throat is sore.
I'm guessing it's because there is dry air in here.
I've been boiling pans of water and have placed
other pans of water on the register.
We went on the hunt today for either
a vaporizer or humidifier for the house.
We stopped in Family Dollar thinking they might sell them.
They don't.  But I did find a couple good deals
there with some marked down items.
Box oatmeal cream pies .50 cents,
Sunny D .50 cents
a shirt for Jonathan for Christmas.
Was $8, marked to $5 and down to $2.50.


The first thrift store I didn't find any vaporizers
or humidifiers I liked.  They didn't have the filters
with them.  I know if I would have to buy a
filter it would cost more than what the price of the humidifier.
I did find a couple gifts for my step-dad.
I have been looking all year for Christmas gifts
for him not knowing what to even get him.
Well surprisingly I was able to cross him off
my Christmas list today, Finally!  

Ohio State flag $1.91
Ohio State hat $3.93


At the second thrift store I found my step-dad
a dehumidifier.  Something he's been wanting!
Cost $8.98.


I was also able to find us a humidifier at the second
thrift store still in it's box for $8.98.
This one has filters that you do not have to replace!
These go for $80 to $115+ new!


And I also bought a light (2 prong) duty household timer
for .90 cents



The solar heater seems to be working good today.
It's up to almost 200 degrees inside the box.
It's 46 degrees outside.
I still don't have the ducts insulated but had an idea.
Today while cruising up and down the side
streets I saw someone had carpet and some kind
of blue foam carpet pad laid out to the curb.
When I go get the kids from the bus stop I plan
to go over there and get that foam padding
to use to wrap my ducts with.
I couldn't get it at the time because we drove the car today.
Hope it's still there, hope it's still there, hope it's still there!



3:25pm


Yeah the foam pad was still along side of the road :0)
This shows just one piece.
There is another roll of foam still in the truck.
 This should help insulate the duct.
Hubby asks how I am going to put it on.
Well maybe use some duct tape or zip ties
then cover it in plastic trash bags to make it weatherproof.




I still have to remove the top duct and get
the wiring done up so I can connect the solar panel
or drill battery to run the computer fan inside the solar heater
to help move the heat from the heater to the house a little better.  
I got some wire connectors to hook
it all up properly now.


4:30pm


I spent the last hour measuring, cutting,
wrapping and duct taping the foam pad around
the upper duct which feeds the heat into the house.
Still have the bottom to do and have a bunch
of foam leftover.
Then I'll have to wrap everything in plastic.
But that will be another day as I'm getting tired
and the sun is starting to set. 
I feel as though I have a knife twisting in my side/ribs
at the moment so are glad to have made it this far today
with all the pain I am in.  Some days the acetaminophin
just doesn't help as much as I would like but have
no other choice as to any other otc pain meds I can
take with having Crohn's.  I think after supper
I'm gonna get a hot shower and head to bed
with the heating pad.



I have put so much time and energy into this project
that I hope it works when I get it all tweaked and running
to its fullest potential.  
I did feel heat coming out the vent today so that 
was a plus.  I would like it to be more so that's
where I hope the insulation helps.
This is something that can be used for many, many years
for about 6 months out of the year during the cold seasons.
So yeah I want it done right and not half assed.

Well I'm gonna take a break for a moment then start supper.
We're having meatball subs.
I'm running out of steam and have been up since 5:45am. 



5:50pm




6:25pm


Woo Hoo!  First day of deer gun season and
my brother got two deers!  First he shot the doe
and a couple minutes after along came a buck
which had been following the doe.
The freezer will be stocked for us and mom for the next year 
with deer meat.  My brother's family won't eat
deer, he does though.  He likes the sport, we like the meat,
so it all works out in the end.


7:30pm


Just got out of the shower.  It seemed to help some
for the aches and pains.  It was hotter than hot, lol.
Before showering I turned the hot water on and let
it run a couple minutes in the kitchen sink.
This would cause the hot water tank to fire up
so I knew I would have some really hot water
for my shower.  Hotter than hot and steam on top of steam.
I like hot!  Hubby came in while I was showering
and tried flushing the toilet to make the water hot
seeing if I'd jump out.
I said, bring it!  He had to leave the bathroom
saying to was too hot for him to be in there, lol.






No comments:

Post a Comment