Wednesday, November 21, 2012

11-21-12

2:30pm

This morning I made about 3 dozen
Caramel Apple Butter Pecan cupcakes.
1/3rd was done as mini cupcakes (taste testers)
and the other 2/3rds are regular sized cupcakes
which still need frosted and will be done
with a homemade cream cheese frosting
with a sprinkling of cinnamon for Thanksgiving.
I filled the muffin tins about 1/2 full with cake batter.
Next I dumped a can of apple pie filling into
a small bowl and chopped up the apples into small pieces.
I then spooned about a heaping 1/2 tablespoon apple
pie filling into the center of the cake batter
then topped it with a half a teaspoon of homemade
caramel made from a can of sweetened condensed milk.



I had some extra cake batter and and apple
pie filling leftover so I made a mini bunt cake for home.

I also got a pumpkin spice cake done.
It will be glazed with an orange colored
maple vanilla frosting.



Right now I am boiling up some turkey broth
for my homemade noodles.
Once those are cooked they will be mixed
with a turkey gravy and be put into a crockpot 
to transport them to the in-laws tomorrow. 

I still have homemade rolls to make.
Might do those later on as I need a break right now. 


5:00pm


Working on supper of tuna and noodles
served with bread and butter.

I got the pumpkin spice bundt cake with maple frosting 
frosted and topped with walnuts and
a white chocolate drizzle.



And I got the homemade noodles with gravy
in the crock pot ready for tomorrow.
I cooked them til about 3/4ths the way done
because I knew they would suck up
some of the gravy and I didn't want them soggy.


5:50pm


Sitting down to eat.
I finally got the cupcake frosted with
a homemade cream cheese frosting
sprinkled with apple pie spice.

I have run out of counter space with making
meals for us today and for Thanksgiving tomorrow
that I had to resort to grabbing the patio table
from outdoors and used it in my kitchen.



It's always something around here!
This evening hubby hobbled home on this-


When you hobble you bust sidewalls out!

But at least he made it home.
He had a spare to put on for now.
Might have another tire to fit it in our shed.
If so it costs about $10 to have one of
these used tire places put it on the rim.


8:15pm


Still going at it.  Don't know how but I am.
Right now I am waiting on my second batch of rolls to rise.
Got the first batch rolled and they are on their 
second rise.  While waiting, here in a few, I plan
to start giving the kids hair cuts.  This ought to be fun
as we have been putting it off for so long
because it's not exactly their favorite thing to have done.


11:35pm


 Went out on an emergency maintenance call
with my hubby to his work.  Just got back home.
Got my rolls finished right before leaving
and got both kids hair cut.
Thank goodness.
I feel as though I've been going nonstop all day!







No comments:

Post a Comment